While we’ve already published a post on how to install Android 4.0.2 with unlock bootloader, root and CWM on Galaxy Nexus, a new one click solution toolkit for modify the Samsung Nexus Galaxy has been released few days ago, named “Wug’s Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit“, that makes unlocking and rooting in easy way. However the toolkit only works for the Verizon version of the Galaxy Nexus, for GSM version will be included in a later update.
The one click solution toolkit has two functions:
- Unlock Root +, which allows to obtain the release of the bootloader and gain root permissions.
- Unroot + OEM Lock, which allows you to bring the smartphone to the stock version, eliminating the root or “re-lock” the bootloader.
One click solution toolkit features:
Drivers + SDK
- install the latest samsung drivers
- extract the latest android SDK to your %HOMEDRIVE% …along with the other necessary files for unlocking, rooting, flashing back to stock, and re-locking
- Update your systems “Path” environmental variable to include adb and fastboot locations
Unlock + Root
- Help you configure drivers when your phone enters bootloader mode for the first time
- Unlock your device
- Push su.zip (Superuser.apk) to your sdcard
- Flash clockwork mod
- Provide on screen instructions for completing the rooting procedure
Unroot + OEM Lock
- Flash all stock componets to bring your phone back to a factory state
- OEM lock your device: used to relock your gnex
Steps to Unlock / Lock Bootloader, Root / Unroot Verizon Galaxy Nexus version in One-Click using Root Toolkit:
DISCLAIMER: Mobile Geeky will not be held responsible if you lose data or your device gets damaged in the following of this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Wug’s Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit (GnexRootToolkit.sfx.exe) [Mirror1] [Mirror2]
- Extract the downloaded file and launch Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit.
- Click on Drivers + SDK to install the latest device drivers and the Android Software Development Kit which is required for unlocking and rooting process.
- Connect your Galaxy Nexus via USB.
- Simply click on the Unlock + Root button and follow the on-screen instructions. It will unlock your device’s bootloader, root, install SuperUser and flash ClockworkMod Recovery.
More information: Galaxy Nexus Forum – Wug’s Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit