A few weeks ago, Google started to deliver the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system to Nexus S devices, but have some of the features is not available for the Nexus S, such as Face Unlock. However, the good guy has developed a custom ROM based on the Android 4.0.3 OS for the Nexus S that support Face Unlock, and also capability to both Nexus S 4G at Sprint, as well as to GSM Nexus S smartphones.
A guide for install the Nexus S to Android 4.0.3 with Face Unlock feature is allow only GSM Nexus S and your device should be rooted, ClockworkMod Recovery flashed and have enough space to contain the files you will be downloading.
DISCLAIMER: Mobile Geeky will not be held responsible if you lose data or your device gets damaged in the following of this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
Step for install Android 4.0.3 with Face Unlock on Nexus S:
- Copy all .zip files to your sdcard.
- Reboot you device to recovery mode (Press and hold Volume Down + Power buttons to boot into ClockworkMod Recovery).
- Go to backup & restore > restore and take nandroid backup which might be useful for reverting back to your current set up.
- Wipe everything data/factory reset and cache from the main menu.
- Flash ROM: Go to Install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > “AC-AOSP_i9020T_x.x_unsigned.zip”.
- Flash gapps: choose “gapps_ics-12-24.zip”.
- Flash Face Unlock: choose “FaceLock.zip”.
- Reboot and enjoy.
If you followed the steps correctly, the Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich with Face Unlock will be installed on your Google Nexus S smartphone.