Verizon has launched the Android-based Motorola Citrus in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com for $49.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement.
Key features and specifications of Motorola Citrus:
- Curved design
- Easy-to-use, on-screen QWERTY keyboard (available in landscape and portrait modes) for quick messaging
- Full HTML Web browser – Preloaded with Bing Search and Bing Maps and delivers a PC-like Web browsing experience with quick access to Web apps and services such as Facebook; Google services such as Gmail™, Google Talk™ and YouTube™
- Equipped with BACKTRACK™, a touch panel located on the back of the device that enables users to navigate and scroll through websites, home screens, e-mails, music and more without obstructing the display
- Full capacitive touch screen display delivers fluid flick, swipe and pinch-to-zoom navigation
- Seven home screen panels that can be tailored with an array of available shortcuts; applications; and pre-loaded widgets such as sticky notes, weather, messages and calendar
- Android Market™ – Choose from thousands of downloadable apps, many of which are free
- CITRUS has a housing made from 25 percent post-consumer recycled plastic, is certified CarbonFree® through an alliance with Carbonfund.org, and is PVC and BFR free. The packaging is made from 80 percent post-consumer recycled paper, and the user manual is made using 100 percent recycled paper and soy-based ink.